Monday, February 20, 2012

Sick of it all

Illness has fallen upon the family.  On Saturday night, all three of us had fevers.  This weekend I managed to do absolutely nothing!  But I felt no guilt about it.

So . . . I'll post an older (last week) project that I did: a Chan Luu inspired bracelet. (No poking fun at my tiny wrists)
Bloomingdales, $90.00
Bloomingdales, $295.00

My cheap homemade version, Under $5.00

I followed this here tutorial at CrafTay! and had quite a bit of fun doing it.  About a quarter of the way through, I had an epiphany and either realized how the instructions were intending for it to be done, or just figured out a way for it to work in my brain.

I used flat sueded cord, which in retrospect (and if I had it available) I would have used a smoother, rounder cord.  Since they look so good stacked, I'll make sure to do that for the next one I make!

If I ever make it out to Lowe's, I have two more projects I would like to try: Decorative washer necklaces  and a Braided hex nut bracelet.   I'm pretty excited about both . . . and strangely intrigued because I don't happen to wear jewelry all that often. Who knows?  Pinterest has changed quite a bit about me so far, maybe it can make me into a jewelry-wearer too!  Of course, then I'll have to come up with some crafty way to store that new jewelry collection, but at least I know where to look to find some ideas for just such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment